19 Dec 2023

It’s not a matter of if, but when.

Rarely do companies believe they will face a public crisis, but in reality—it’s inevitable.


All we have to do is watch the evening news to see how unexpected events suddenly explode into a public relations nightmare. We live in a world of an instant news cycle, which makes our immediate reaction and comments to any crisis so incredibly critical. Having a plan in place to deal with it is no longer discretionary—it’s essential.

So, perhaps you’re asking, what do I do about it?

Questions concerning crisis management are all the same: How do we react? What do we say? What should we NOT say? Who do we put in front of the media frenzy? And, how do we train and prepare for the inevitable?

Crisis Management is what we at Spoken Word do best.

We will put you and your executives through several challenging on-camera sessions. These are tough. They need to be. You may feel as though you have failed, but by the end of the day you’ll be amazed at the skills you’ve developed. You will be much more confident in your ability to handle the media and the public in whatever crisis occurs.

This training is especially important for mid- to upper-level executives.

It’s critical, because in the end, the public wants to see and hear from a person in charge. They want to know where the buck stops. It will be up to you to deliver the empathy, commitment and openness to calm their minds and reassure them that you have this crisis under control. We’ll teach you the skills on how to control an interview and maintain that proper narrative.

And if it’s been awhile since you have been through Crisis Training, it would be good to go through it again.

In my career as a journalist I have interviewed thousands of people and 95% of the time I was in control. For the remaining 5%, I would walk away from the interview and say to myself, “Wow, that person has been trained.” Bottom line is Crisis Management Training works.  Make it work for you for 2024!

Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays and May the Peace of the Season be with you and your family throughout the New Year!

Spoken Word Communications can help you prepare for the unexpected.
">Contact Dave.